Tasmania’s first ever All Nations and Kickstart teams goes away this Saturday for the Diversity Championships.
This is an exciting time for Tasmania football to be able to field the first ever All Nations and Kickstart team.
The All Nations team was selected from one state and three regional try-outs. The side consists of players mixed up with various Tasmanian Football Academies and others who are good club players. The team will be coached by Tasmania State League senior Coach in Clinton Proctor, with his assistants in Jimmy Aganas and Hadi Rezaie. This is a good platform for Tasmania, to help launch this program for the coming years.
ALL NATIONS PLAYERS TO WATCH:
- Oliver Burrows – Cheng – Oliver is a very strong in and under player with excellent skills. He has a long penetrating kick that helps link up other players in the team.
- Jayden Applebee – Jayden is a very skilful onballer, with a High level on skill execution. Very fast with a good engine which enables him to run all day.
- Jordan Iramu – Jordan comes into the team after a great 2016 season where he won the NTJFA under 14 competition’s best and fairest. Jordan is a very fierce competitor who doesn’t give up.
The selected team consists of 13 – 16 year old boys with a wide range of muliticultural backgrounds. To be selected in the team you must have multicultural heritage.
ALL NATIONS FINAL TEAM LIST:
|No.||Given Name||Surname Name||Cultural Heritage – Nationality||Region||Height||Weight|
KICKSTART – TASMANIA
Over the last 4 – 5 years Tasmania have been linking in with AFL Victoria and sending the state’s best aboriginal boys over to try out fore the Victoria team.
This year, AFL Tasmania have done a power of work to pull this team together where the state can now give other aboriginal boys around the State the opportunity to represent Tasmania. Similar to the All Nations team there were three regional and one state try outs to select the final team. The team will be coached by Rulla Mansell and assisted by Guy Grey.
KICKSTART PLAYERS TO WATCH:
- Will Levy – Corby – has just arrived to our state via Queensland. Will represented Queensland in the Kick Start program in 2016. Will is a big strong boy that will give us plenty of options down back or up forward.
- Harry Ireland – Is a tall developing ruckman that shows a lot of potential. A big summer of rowing has built his strength up which will help him impact the game around the ground.
- Ethan Mansell – is a small onballer with excellent skills. Ethan is a versatile player who can play in various positions around the ground. His ability to link up with his running ability will bring others into play.
KICKSTART FINAL TEAM LIST:
|No.||Given Name||Surname Name||Indigenous Cultural Heritage||Region||Height||Weight|
|21||Will||Levi -Corby||Torres Straight Is||Clarence||185cm||85kg|