Welcome to the AFL TAS NAB AFL Auskick Coordinator Resource page. On this page you will find all the steps and resources that will enable you to deliver a fun and exciting season or your Auskickers. If you have any questions on this content, please contact your local AFL staff member.
AFL Tas Staff contacts and Support:
North West: Luke Warrener on 0477 444 859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
North: Libby McGrath on 0448 426 319 or email@example.com
South: Linsey Da Costa on 0408 971 609 firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-Season (November – January)
- Register as a Team Manager to your centre to receive your Welcome pack and to assign you your Auskick store credit and credentials. More information here Facebook page
- If possible, identify your season information (dates, time, venue & cost)
- Prepare your PlayHQ database – click here for support
- Connect with your participants from the previous season – click here for support
Pre-Season (3-6 weeks before your centre begins)
Much like the AFL Pre-season the tasks that need to be undertaken during the NAB AFL Auskick Pre-season are all there to set you up for success during the season. The main tasks are split into 3 key categories: Promotion, Preparation and Education. Promoting your program to local schools and communities will enable you to build your registrations. Preparing your equipment, meet with your local AFL contact and attending your local AFL education sessions will put in a great position to deliver this season.
- Conduct an equipment audit – click here for a template. Contact your AFL staff member if you need support with equipment
- Review and use your NAB AFL Auskick store voucher to purchase your uniform and equipment (vouchers will be sent to the Auskick Coordinators email by March once you Register as Centre Manager, see above for steps)
- Review your registration reports on PlayHQ to identify prospective volunteers – click here for support on how to pull a report. Click here for support on how to approach prospective volunteer.
- Meet with your local AFL contact to discuss the season ahead
- Promote your program to local schools, community areas and on social media – click here for marketing templates
Now that you are fully prepared it is time to deliver your NAB AFL Auskick season. Throughout your NAB AFL Auskick season it is important to provide an engaging experience for your participants, parents and volunteers. The key tasks below will enable you to provide a warm welcome to your NAB AFL Auskickers, deliver fun and exciting experiences.
- Support the delivery of the NAB AFL Auskick Next Steps program to support retention and transition of your Auskickers for next season
- Wrap up your season with an end of season party
As you wrap up a successful NAB AFL Auskick season there are a couple of items on the checklist to tick off before you sign off.
- Meet with your local AFL contact to wrap up the season, they can help you celebrate the year
- Confirm that your registrations are closed – click here for support